Join Our Team
Tulip Tree Studios runs on a “work hard, play hard” mentality. Our team collectively drinks the kool-aid that will make our clients succeed. We set the standard for being productive and efficient (at the same time), then we celebrate once a project is complete. It’s not uncommon to see us working way past 5pm some days and kicking back with a beer by 3pm on others. Our culture is what makes us stand out from competitors and attract the best employees in the industry. Think you have what it takes?
Calling All Unicorns
The rumors are true. We have insanely high standards. And for good reason - our clients deserve a marketing team that is passionate about their business goals. We need relentlessly passionate, kool-aid drinking, forward-thinking, marketing geniuses. If you check the following boxes - come do cool shit with us!
It's Not Us, It's You
We are a small, highly motivated, driven group of professionals. Which means it's easy to see when someone does not fit in with our culture. This company is not for everyone - and that's okay! If any of the following traits describe you, it may be best that we just remain friends instead of coworkers.
Marketing Assistant/Office Admin
WANTED: an ambitious, goal-orientated individual that thrives in a results-driven role. If you want to play a part in helping a successful marketing agency continue to grow, and help other businesses succeed through marketing – then this position is for YOU! (How’s that for a cliché sales pitch?!)
Tulip Tree Studios is a boutique marketing and design firm based in Stewartville, MN that is small enough to care but talented enough to make a big impact through marketing, web and graphic design, copywriting, photography, social media management, and more. We’re a creative company that exists with the sole purpose of making businesses and individuals stand out in this ever-changing world of marketing.
We envision the perfect person for this job being intelligent (but not a know-it-all), out-going (but not obnoxious), organized (but not rigid), detail-oriented (but not a perfectionist), and creative (but not lacking in the common-sense department…). They’d be someone who loves contributing to a team’s success and values analytics when making decisions; someone who thrives on building professional relationships through networking and customer service; and, ultimately, someone who truly enjoys finding creative ways to help others to “branch away from the norm.”
If you enjoy transcribing medical documents for 8 hours a day in a dim closet while wearing the same baseball cap you’ve worn since junior high and jamming to Yanni’s greatest hits on repeat… then this job is not for you. At Tulip Tree, we wear lots of hats, change up our music stations daily, and find ourselves doing anything from facilitating direct mailings to analyzing web analytics in an open, flexible office environment full of multitasking mania. Intrigued? Read on.
THE JOB: Marketing Assistant
As our marketing assistant, you will support the work of Tulip Tree’s director on the administrative and operational needs of the business, as well as assist our Marketing Account Managers in bringing their marketing efforts to fruition. You will work closely with other team members in other functions, such as advertising, market research, data and document compilation and organization, and distribution. This is truly a wear-many-hat type of position that requires a drive to work hard and grow with the company. The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Marketing & Design Director and will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that directly contribute to the success of the team. The ideal candidate will be a champion multi-tasker – performing data entry, helping to manage internal operations, assist in the development of marketing strategies, track existing marketing campaigns, and more.
Primary Duties: (Written in Microsoft Word. Not stone. Like monkeys, these are sure to evolve over time.)
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the company’s activities
- Assist director with monthly bookkeeping tasks (time reports, AP/AR) and operational tasks (managing internal processes, purchasing, scheduling, errands, etc.)
- Be available as a resource for senior marketing professionals who need assistance with completing large projects
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial, and non-financial information
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve those campaigns
- Conduct market research and analyze reports
- Collaborate with team members to create innovative ways to gain exposure for both Tulip Tree and our client's businesses
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, etc.)
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
- Attend numerous networking events and functions to help build awareness as well as potential relationships for Tulip Tree.
Skills and Knowledge: (Don’t have it all? Then show us your persuasive skillzzzzz.)
- 2+ years of experience as a marketing assistant or administrative professional. Marketing experience is preferred, but willing to make exceptions for the right candidate with strong administrative experience.
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a business- and client-oriented approach to decisions
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software, and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords, etc. is a plus)
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma; BS in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Desire to succeed with an ambition, competitive spirit, and an optimistic attitude
- A strong belief that the Oxford comma is the superior choice in comma placement
In a nutshell, you'll assist Tulip Tree in day-to-day operations and marketing efforts, helping to keep the chaos under control and support the team in our collective goal towards future growth.
This position is a full-time, in-house position in Stewartville, MN. (We repeat, IN HOUSE.)
Starting salary based on experience with opportunities for additional commission. Benefits (health insurance, 401k, paid holidays/vacation, etc.) are also offered.
Enough of the brass tacks. If you want in…
Go to TulipTree-Studios.com/careers and submit your jaw-dropping cover letter and résumé to showcase exactly why we should hire YOU!
(Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered... it's how we test your ability to follow directions, as well as writing skills!)
We are always on the lookout for ambitious, creative, and passionate people to join our multi-talented team.
Are you a graphic designer with an interest in coding? Are you a videographer with a passion for storytelling? Are you a project manager who wants to build relationships? Are you a badass marketing strategist with a relentless drive to help others meet and beat their business goals? Then Tulip Tree Studios could be the place for you.
We are an independent, full-service marketing agency with a proven track record in producing high-quality digital, creative, and print content. We combine excellent strategy and copywriting with compelling creative and digital storytelling to create unique marketing solutions for our clients.
Tell us how you can add value to our team by submitting your jaw-dropping cover letter and résumé – as well as any applicable work examples you want to share – and give us your best sales pitch on YOU!
(Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered... it's how we gauge your interest in Tulip Tree, as well as your persuasive writing skills.)