Join Our Team
Tulip Tree Studios runs on a “work hard, play hard” mentality. Our team collectively drinks the kool-aid that will make our clients succeed. We set the standard for being productive and efficient (at the same time), then we celebrate once a project is complete. It’s not uncommon to see us working way past 5pm some days and kicking back with a beer by 3pm on others. Our culture is what makes us stand out from competitors and attract the best employees in the industry. Think you have what it takes?
Calling All Unicorns
The rumors are true. We have insanely high standards. And for good reason - our clients deserve a marketing team that is passionate about their business goals. We need relentlessly passionate, kool-aid drinking, forward-thinking, marketing geniuses. If you check the following boxes - come do cool shit with us!
It's Not Us, It's You
We are a small, highly motivated, driven group of professionals. Which means it's easy to see when someone does not fit in with our culture. This company is not for everyone - and that's okay! If any of the following traits describe you, it may be best that we just remain friends instead of coworkers.
WANTED: an ambitious, goal-orientated individual that thrives in a results-driven role. If you enjoy helping businesses succeed through marketing – and want to have fun doing it – then this position is for YOU! (How’s that for a cliché sales pitch?!)
Tulip Tree Studios is a boutique marketing and design firm based in Rochester, MN that is small enough to care but talented enough to make a big impact through marketing, web and graphic design, copywriting, photography, social media management, digital advertising, and more. We’re a creative company that exists with the sole purpose of making businesses and individuals stand out in this ever-changing world of marketing.
We envision the perfect person for this job being intelligent (but not a know-it-all), out-going (but not obnoxious), persuasive (but not pushy), detail-oriented (but not a perfectionist), and creative (but not lacking in the common sense department…). They’d be someone who is not afraid of having open and honest conversations with clients while keeping their marketing efforts in check; someone who loves meeting new people (prospecting!) and building professional relationships through networking; and, ultimately, someone who truly enjoys finding creative ways to help others to “branch away from the norm.”
If you enjoy transcribing medical documents for 8 hours a day in a dim closet while wearing the same baseball cap you’ve worn since junior high and jamming to Yanni’s greatest hits on repeat… then this job is not for you. At Tulip Tree, we wear lots of hats, change up our music stations daily, and find ourselves doing anything from social media strategy to product cataloging in an open, flexible office environment full of multitasking mania. Intrigued? Read on.
THE JOB: Marketing Specialist
As a Marketing Specialist, your ultimate focus will be cultivating client relationships. Through account management, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clientele; strategizing and organizing marketing efforts while keeping our clients proactive; and coordinating with the rest of the team to implement marketing support on time and in budget.
Primary Duties: (Written in Microsoft Word. Not stone. Like monkeys, these are sure to evolve over time.)
• Maintain favorable and meaningful client relationships with potential, current, and past clients
• Work with marketing managers/business owners from varying industries to identify their business goals as well as develop customized marketing solutions and strategies to exceed those goals
• Provide communication and project management through face-to-face meetings, emails, and phone calls to ensure results are attained as outlined (on time and on budget) on multiple projects at a time
• Author a variety of marketing-related materials including strategic marketing plans/campaigns, press releases, blog posts, case studies, general messaging, and website copy
• Strategize and implement engaging social media efforts
• Negotiate traditional and digital media placement rates and schedules on behalf of our clients based on campaign needs
• Relay succinct direction to other Tulip Tree team members on their projects as needed
• Attend numerous networking events and functions to help build awareness as well as potential relationships
Skills and Knowledge: (Don’t have it all? Then show us your persuasive skillzzzzz.)
• At least 2 years of experience in marketing and account management is required
• At least 2 years of experience in digital advertising is preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in website management is preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in social media management is preferred
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• An enviable attention to detail
• Top-notch communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an open team environment
• Excellent relationship-building with a personality that draws others in
• Ability to educate and advise clients on marketing and advertising as a whole, along with the reasons each is needed in a successful business plan
• Desire to succeed with an ambition, competitive spirit, and an optimistic attitude
• Plus, the obligatory customer service and computer skills (incl. Microsoft Office programs)
In a nutshell, you'll manage and implement the marketing efforts for our clients, and will be expected to manage their social media and write stellar copy for them as well.
This position is a full-time, in-house position in Rochester, MN.
Salary based on experience with opportunities for additional commission. Benefits (health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, etc.) are also offered.
Enough of the brass tacks. If you want in,
Submit your jaw-dropping cover letter and résumé – as well as any applicable marketing work examples you want to share – and give us your best sales pitch on YOU!
(Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered... it's how we test your ability to follow directions, as well as writing skills!)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
Questions? Email us.
We are always on the lookout for ambitious, creative, and passionate people to join our multi-talented team.
Are you a graphic designer with an interest in coding? Are you a videographer with a passion for storytelling? Are you a project manager who wants to build relationships? Are you a badass marketing strategist with a relentless drive to help others meet and beat their business goals? Then Tulip Tree Studios could be the place for you.
We are an independent, full-service marketing agency with a proven track record in producing high-quality digital, creative, and print content. We combine excellent strategy and copywriting with compelling creative and digital storytelling to create unique marketing solutions for our clients.
Tell us how you can add value to our team by submitting your jaw-dropping cover letter and résumé – as well as any applicable work examples you want to share – and give us your best sales pitch on YOU!
(Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered... it's how we gauge your interest in Tulip Tree, as well as your persuasive writing skills.)