You’re probably well aware of how popular podcasts have become in the business world in recent years. It also may seem like everyone and their dog has started one and wants you to listen and share. Podcasting is the new radio and has some amazing benefits, but is it right for you and your business?
Before you drop the mic on starting one, read through the pros and cons below.
(We do not advise any actual mic dropping and are not liable for mic damage.)
Pros of Starting a Podcast for Your Business
- You can communicate with your audience directly by developing content that you know your target audience will want to consume.
- Podcasts are still in the growing marketing phase, diving into the podcast world now will set you up for success in the future when the rest of the business world finally catches on.
- Podcasts allow you to expand your search potential. The more platforms that you are on the more likely you will show up in search results.
- Podcasts do not require a consumer’s full attention span so more than likely you will be doing something else while listening to the podcast. This has proven that call to actions will have a higher action percentage than videos.
- You can reuse content that you already have been using elsewhere in your marketing and expand on it in a way you couldn’t through other platforms.
Cons of Starting a Podcast for Your Business
- If your audience doesn’t usually use technology, a podcast will not be successful in reaching them.
- Podcasts take time to prepare, record, and edit. Keeping this in mind, consistency is powerful on all media platforms. If you don’t have the time to keep up with it, it won’t be as successful as it could be.
- You will need more equipment than other forms of media. To produce a quality podcast, you’ll need a microphone, audio editing software, and podcast hosting services.
- Podcasts do not promote themselves, on top of the time it takes to create the podcast alone, you need to market it on other platforms to spread the word.
- The content for a podcast needs to be unique and valuable to the listener, coming up with this kind of content means putting time into research and explaining it in a way that is easily digestible.
We’re not going to sugar coat it…
Successful marketing is very time consuming! We know that not every business has enough time or manpower to be consistent with their marketing strategies. That’s where the professionals at Tulip Tree can come in and take it off your plate, so you can gain some more time to take care of all the other things you need to do for your business.
Find out what we can do for you: https://www.tuliptree-studios.com/what-we-do/
You can also contact us with any marketing questions you may have: https://www.tuliptree-studios.com/get-in-touch/